Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Brooke & Andrew: Engagement

It doesn't hardly seem possible, but the darling neighbor girl that I use to babysit when I was a teenager is all grown up, engaged and getting married this summer! And I couldn't be happier for her! On the way to Brooke's engagement shoot I thought about the fact that she and her brothers were the ages my kids are now, back when I babysat them... and I can't believe how fast they all grew up... which means it will go even faster with my own kids!

Brooke & Andrew will be getting married at Brooke's family's home, which is such a beautiful place! It's a cape cod house on eight acres, surrounded by tall evergreen trees, with fruit trees, set in the country. Ah, lovely. (I just love the place where I grew up, and it sure was fun being out there, in that area to take these photos!)

We drove down the road to an old barn and used that setting for most of our time, and finished our photos at the bottom of my old driveway. 

Just in the short time we took these pictures, Brooke shined so many sides of herself: adventurous, fearless, sweet, genuine, joyful, fun, and adoring (of Andrew). And even though I only just met Andrew I can see that he is strong, capable, thoughtful/observant, a gentle leader, and kind.

Congrats Brooke & Andrew! I'm so happy for you two and I'm looking forward to capturing your wedding day! xo

1 comment:

Chelsi Ritter said...

looooove the barn location! so cool and i've never seen that before.