Friday, February 21, 2014

The Off Season

Being an Oregon photographer with less sunny days than other parts of the country, my photography season is shorter, and tends to follow a very routine annual cycle. I try to take January/February off and recover from the busy 6 months prior. I also usually am doing some engagement photos at this time or meeting with brides/grooms. Then in spring I get excited about the nice weather and do sporadic photo shoots, celebrate our kids' birthdays and Josh and my anniversary, then summer hits and it's lots of weddings, then in the fall many families like to have their photos taken with the beautiful changing colors. It's always fun to see those familiar faces that I adore year after year. Then there's lots of catching up on editing and trying to wrap it all up before the holidays! :)

This year I've found myself thinking a lot more about my business in this off season, and I feel blessed to be able to mold it around our family life! Our kids are growing up so quickly and I just want to relish every bit of their youth. This year I'll be doing just a little less than normal. Josh and I have looked at our calendar and set aside specific dates for portrait sessions. I'll be shooting weddings through June & July, then taking the month of August off to enjoy some summer family time, and then I'll have openings for family photos shoots in September and October. If you'd like to get on my calendar this year please don't hesitate to email, as I'm already booking those dates!

On another note, I've realized that when I started a personal family blog a year or more ago I pretty much quit posting personal family photos on here! I'll try to add a little more of those to the mix this year, but you can also follow me on Instagram, since I'm often posting on there! :) Here's my Instagram link: http://instagram.com/bethanyfegles

I hope your 2014 is off to a great start!
xo,
Bethany

Thank you Jamie for snapping these silly pics of me!

3 comments:

Leesha said...

Bethany - those pictures of you are so, so adorable! I hope you are doing great, keeping sane with that busy life, and finding so much joy. I get snippets from Leon and my mom about what's going on in your family and life. And I LOVE your pics and blog. So happy to see some new posts. Those engagement pics are amazing!!!! Hope you are well.
Alysia

Lisa said...

Hi! I just realized my feeds haven't been working ;-( fun to catch up.. LOVE the OSU pictures!! Can you email me some open Sept. dates (lisa.tyacke@comcast.net) guess we should book now!!

Amber said...

Hi Bethany! We would love to have family pictures taken when it works for you. I sent an email hoping for Sept 21st. Looking forward to finding something that works! :)