Monday, May 7, 2007

The Urban Garden

Ah, we got our garden in today! I love being able to step off my back patio and grab a fresh salad! :)

This year we put together a pot of herbs on our front porch, which I’m thrilled about. I used a lot of basil last year and this year I also have fresh rosemary & thyme. I planted some lavender for clipping to put in little vases.

While we were working on the garden we also did a little work around the rest of the yard. Below is a photo of Josh tending to our sad Jasmine plant that we haven’t given enough attention to in the past 2 years. We forget about it because it’s our only plant in a pot.

All in all we planted lettuce, cucumbers, green beans, snap peas, zucchini, tomatoes, squash, broccoli, raspberries and herbs. Thank you Lord for fresh produce and for a place to plant it! :)









No comments: