Friday, December 21, 2007

Continually Fascinated by Nature

I think God's creation is spectacular! This is just a snap shot of part of the cute little tree in our front yard, but I love how in the dead of winter there's still beauty to be found everywhere! There's actually a bunch of dormant foliage around this tree and not much color in our landscaping, but if you look closely you'll see pretty things.

It kind of makes me think of the chaos of the Christmas holiday... like for instance, I was crazy enough to grocery shop in Portland on a Friday at 1pm the weekend before Christmas. Ack! :) The 3 mile drive back to my house wasn't a quick one, but it was actually a peaceful one. In the midst of all the traffic and shopping and people heading out of town I was reminded of why it all was happening. Look closely and you'll see the beautiful ONE! Thank you Lord for the gift of your Son! Merry Christmas! :)

3 comments:

heather said...

Merry Christmas Bethany!

Jane ::: Ethni Photography said...

Hey girl! Merry Christmas! I love your new headline! I hope your break is blessed and you get to enjoy every precious moment alone with Jude before the new one arrives! :)

Unknown said...

Hey young lady. Glad to hear the good report about your pregnancy. Also, I'm glad you are taking it easy! We get to go visit Julia and Viggo in Norway next week. We will help them get ready for their Jan. 17 move to Tanzania by playing with baby Daniel while they do all the work :-)