Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Little Guy isTWO!

Jude turned two yesterday and we had fun throwing him a little party! He is a blessed boy to have so many wonderful friends already! They and their families are a joy to our family. This picture cracked me up because you can see the parents in the mirror trying to get everyone to "smile at the camera", which none of our kids are really doing! :)

Jude is such a gift from the Lord & Josh and I cherish all the special moments we get watching him grow and learn and become who God is making him into. He has a precious little heart and a joyful laugh that I love to hear! He often looks us in the face and says, "I luv u" followed by a kiss - which melts my heart!! And sometimes he'll then kiss my belly and say, "sister". (It'll be neat to see how he adapts to having his baby sister here soon.)

On another note, in my crazy, 9 months pregnant, pretty exhausted state, I attempted to make something fun for Jude's party that I saw on a random channel flipping of Martha Stewart this week! :) Have you seen this gal's blog? www.bakerella.blogspot.com Check it out! She's amazing! I attempted to make her little cupcake pops and I loved them! Of course mine don't look anywhere near as cute as hers, but I knew that would be the case from the beginning. :) I think I got lucky that they even sort of resemble a mini cupcake. Here's a snap of the ones I made and a photo of Jude's little birthday spread. I'll post some photos of his mini 2 yr. old shoot later this week.

5 comments:

John and Natalee Warren said...

Happy Birthday Jude!
Bethany- you cupcakes look adorable!

laura said...

Happy Birthday Jude, you sweet little boy! Great job on the treats Bethany, and super cute picture of the parents in the mirror! :)

Chelsi Ritter said...

happy birthday jude! i loved reading your feelings about your little one. and i'm very impressed with the birthday cupcakes! yum!

Jessica Jordan said...

That picture of the kids just cracked me up. It is so classic with the parents all jumping around and the kids like, "um, ... what?" Wishing you lots of energy & hopefully some sleep in your last few weeks of pregnancy.

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

That picture at the top is AWESOME!

Um...bookmarked that baking blog. That's right up my alley.