Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Baby Bella

I was so excited to meet baby Bella Saturday afternoon! I had so much fun doing Anna's maternity photos and spending time with her, Sam & Josiah that I knew it would be really special to get to photograph Bella. What a beautiful miracle she is. She is so content and just lovely. And Anna, Anna has taken to having a newborn with such grace! She's so calm and relaxed.

It's a joy to see her precious baby in her arms.

Here's the beautiful Bella at 10 days old.



(Ana had the sweet idea of photographing Bella curled up on her wedding dress skirt. I loved it. The fabric and beading was so feminine and soft.)

Ana was helping Bella fall back asleep between poses and I snapped a few photos. I love the feeling in this shot.

























For those of you into photography I thought I'd start sharing a little more info at the end of each blog post to let you know what I'm doing.

These were all shot with natural window light in Bella's bedroom. The only shot I used a little fill flash on was this last shot because Bella was inside some netting, a little further from the window, which was to my right.

These were all shot with my 5D Mark II and 50mm lens, in manual mode. Most were shot at ISO 320, about f/2 - f/2.8, around 1/100 - 1/250.

7 comments:

Amber said...

What a beautiful little girl! I'm hoping that you can shoot our little Antonia this fall :) Thanks for sharing some info on the shoot at the bottom. I love it!!

Kati said...

Thanks for sharing the shoot info Bethany! I am always interested in what others do with their lighting, lenses, etc. You are so amazingly talented and just love looking at your beautiful work!

Leticia said...

Love the shoot info! Thanks, Bethany. And what a gorgeous little girl! Such beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh cousin!! these pictures brought tears to my eyes they were so beautiful and perfect. The love I see in her mommy's eyes just tugs at my heart strings.

and amazing you used all natural light except for one!! Your gift contiues to amaze me.

love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Bethany
the pictures are just beautiful you did a great job with both of them you are the best love ana's mom abuelita Sandra

Prior Photography said...

Beautiful pictures! And I also love the shoot info. It's wonderful to compare notes with other photographers and you are outstanding

Unknown said...

She so beautiful...
The pictures....amazing