Monday, June 27, 2011

Hollering, Headbands & Hugs

A fellow photographer friend recently posted about the crazy experience of trying to get all three of her kids to look and smile at the camera, and boy could I relate. I had experienced the same situation when I took these. For whatever reason, I find it more challenging to photograph my own children, than other people's children. Most likely it's because other people's kids don't know me, so I'm new and mysterious, whereas my own are on to me and my photography tricks. :) To get a decent shot of all three of them together I find myself hollering out their names repeatedly, singing, jumping, and playing "Simon Says", just to get them to look in my direction! And without fail, one or two will look and laugh, but one will not. Baaahhhh!!!! (That's what I feel inside in those moments!) Haha... but persistence pays off. And so does having Josh behind me to sing and dance as well. ;) Dads make photos way more fun.

I've been working on some fun new little craft projects (I'll blog them next week), and one thing I had done was make Selah a new headband. I love how it turned out! I got the idea from a headband I saw on Pinterest. I made two flowers out of fabric and one out of felt and glued them on. I think it's so cute on her.
Selah was really excited to wear it right after I made it, but then not even 5 minutes later she was done wearing it. When I asked her why, she said it made her ears "scratchy". (I love how kids describe things). I could understand, because when I was little I didn't care for headbands either. They hurt my head. So this one may not get much use afterall, but that's ok.

I love this shot. {heart}

And lastly, Jude gives the best hugs! Happy Monday!

18 comments:

Kids Virtual World said...

Lovely pictures.

Unknown said...

oh, the kids ...lovely

Amber said...

Oh so sweet! Love the last one of Jude hugging Benjamin :) Good job capturing these... I know it's sooo tough (but worth it too :).

Nicole said...

Oh so adorable, I see little Benjamin's teeth! So cute!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS. These are precious!!!

- Sheri Cook

Plumbers in Perth said...

very good blog….

Hot water systems Perth said...

nice picss thanks for sharing...

Blocked Drains Perth said...

awesome awesome bloogggg...

Hot water systems Perth said...

super.. fantastic blog... willing to see more posts...

Gasfitters Perth said...

thanks a lot for sharing....good work.. keep it up...

Car Rental Perth said...

cute kids nice photography excellent blog.........

Auto Rental said...

VERY GOOD BLOG...........................

security firms said...

interesting blog........

security service said...

I really liked........

security guard Perth said...

good thoughts........

security officers said...

it looks awsome.......

peter said...

such a innovative thought..


Math Games for 2nd Graders

Knitting wools said...

cute photos