Friday, March 7, 2008

Play Time

Do you have one of these photos of yourself? This shot makes me think of a picture my mom took of me and my cousins and older brother when I was this age. Only we were covered in dirt and half dressed. :) (Chelsi, do you know what picture I'm referring to?)
Yesterday our "moms group" went to the park to play for a bit. There weren't very many of us this week, but it was great to get together and get outside, even if it was a bit chilly.
The "moms group" that I've been a part of for the past 2 years, has been one of the greatest blessings in my life. Jude has these sweet friends that he sees a couple times a week and gets to play with, and I have an amazing group of girlfriends in their moms. One thing I love most about our group is that REAL is most acceptable - inward and outward - I just love that!
Here are our kiddos at play on the slide and swing.

3 comments:

Chelsi Ritter said...

ah, memories! yeah, i know exactly what picture you're referring to! it's actually on our bookshelf (i'm pretty proud of it!). one of our friends saw it a couple years ago and said, "oh, you look like a bunch of little refugees..." eric somehow thought it was a picture of me, ian, sasha and demri, which i thought was pretty funny because that would make matt sasha and you demri. i laughed pretty hard at that! thanks again for the picture!

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

Our little munchkins are pretty cute all lined up. :) I know what you mean about mom's group...it is a really special thing we have there. I'm always looking forward to the next time we can chat about whatever. See you soon!

Unknown said...

The funny thing to me is that I actually did a double take and thought it was a picture of Julia, Pamela, Rachel, Stephanie, etc. when they were little. We have some shots just like that of our little kids lined up with friends.
I've decided that someday I have to hire you to take my picture. It seems like you make all of your subjects look great! I would be your biggest challenge :-)