Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things... :)

I love this time of year because the sunshine lights up everything that's new! Like tulips coming up! And I love the water that puddles on tulip leaves. :) I think I photograph the raindrops on their leaves every year. So here is this years!
One of my other favorite things is to have fresh flowers on the dining table, which I rarely seem to have in the fall or winter because I never want to shell out the cash to pay for them. :) But I wish I would more because they really do make a home feel cheerful don't they?
Here are a couple pics of the pretty roses on my dining table that my friend Mauria gave Josh & me from our recent couples baby shower. Thank you Mauria!

2 comments:

Chelsi Ritter said...

i remember when i was growing up i used to always go down to the garden in the summers and pick some yellow roses. then i'd place them in my bedroom. every time i cleaned my room i would do that; it just didn't feel complete without those flowers!

Unknown said...

Many times older people suffer from macular degeneration, parts of their retinas are damaged and their field of view shrinks. I think perhaps as we age, we also often suffer from "miracular" degeneration. Parts of our ability to appreciate the miracles and beauty all around us is damaged and the scope of our appreciation for God's creation is diminished. I find that looking at your photos brings healing to my ability to perceive beauty and "everyday miracles". Thank you for that gift.

Kent