Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Eat Your Heart Out

I love watching my sister-in-law, Chloe, and her mother Monica, when they're in the kitchen together. They work so well together and you can tell they share the same passion for what they're doing. (Monica started Eat Your Heart Out Catering in Portland in 1975.) They talk about what foods are fresh and local, about business, about new ideas. And to sum them up in a sentence, they do amazing things with food. :) Everything they make has so much flavor and is always beautiful in appearance too.
Photobucket
I recently had the pleasure of photographing a delicious Butternut squash soup, with kaffir lime and pomegranate syrup that they make. It was AMAZING. I tasted so many different flavors in one spoonful. Monica's soup will be featured in Bon Appetit Magazine in the near future. I hope you'll look for it because this soup is delicious!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
To check them out go to www.eatyourheartout.biz
I've photographed a couple weddings that Eat Your Heart Out has catered now, and I'm always blown away. Here's a couple shots of what they put together at a wedding I shot last summer.
Photobucket
Photobucket
To see more photos from that event click here.

4 comments:

Chelsi Ritter said...

i love butternut squash soup! that dish looks amazing. i sure wish my meals looked that good! how fun that you get to try the foods they make. i'd love a friend like that!

e miller photography-Salem Oregon Photography said...

ohhhhh yummy! Is the magazine using your pictures too? They are beautiful!

BruceandBarbara said...

Oh Bethany...I'm sorry cuz I'm not supposed to be jealous...but I'm jealous! You take the most beautiful pictures. I wanna be you when I grow up.

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

Oooh...as a foodie lover, I'm in love with these photos.

Beautiful food photography. I need some lessons.