Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Day in the Life

Mmmmm... the house smells like mint brownies, I'm watching American Idol in the corner of my eye as I'm working on Lacey & Matt's engagement session - they are an insanely cute couple and I'll share more photos with you soon! :) My lovie Josh is working on taxes next to me on the couch. I love evenings like these. They take me back almost 7 years when Josh and I were first married, sitting on this same couch in our little apartment, watching the very first season of American Idol, eating DQ icecream cake. We laugh when we reminisce about those days because we "love" to admit that we also watched this corny reality show at that time called Bachelorettes in Alaska!! Does anyone remember that little piece of quality television from 2002? Come on, admit you watched it so I won't be alone in my shame! :)

Anyway, Kelly Clarkson guest appeared on tonight's American Idol and sang a new song, "My Life would Suck without You" and I thought it was cute, as I sat here next to Josh knowing that almost 7 years later there's still no other place I'd rather be than next to him.

Here's one shot of Matt & Lacey to share tonight!
Photobucket
These guys are just amazing. One of the first things I thought when I took this picture was, wow, I can't believe they'd climb a tree for a picture! Then my next thought was, "Matt & Lacey sitting in a tree, k-i-ss..." :)

12 comments:

Isaac and Jenni Marshall said...

Aww, it makes me so happy to know that there are other lovey-dovey, mushy couples who just love to hang out together... isn't it the best?!
What an adorable couple and cute idea! Looking forward to seeing the rest from the session=)

MsB said...

I was editing an engagement session AND watching "American Idol," too! haha! We're so cool. :)

Kimberly Stone said...

Bethany!
I just love you! This is a great photo! Let's get together sometime soon; next week would work great!

Shannon said...

I can't wait to see the rest!

A Niko Productions said...

Great Photo! So cute. I love the way the tree's leaves look behind the couple.

Missy said...

Super cute and very original!

Jessica Jordan said...

Bachelorettes in Alaska? Um, no, sorry B that was just you. :)

John and Natalee Warren said...

I love this pic! And I am so excited that you are doing Shana and Greg's wedding!!!

christinaandbrian said...

bachelorettes in alaska? gosh i thought i'd seen EVERY reality show. can't say that i remember that one. BUT i do remember Joe Millionaire..remember that one?!

Chelsi Ritter said...

love this post, bethany. every friday or saturday night eric and i pig out on ice cream, carmel topping and cupcakes, while watching lost (we're still trying to catch up so we can watch this season with some friends). we also like celebrity apprentice, and i'm an american idol fan (of course we watch all these the next day online!). another guilty pleasure? i eat a peanut butter sandwich for lunch every single day (it's guilty b/c i put on a ton of p.b!).
i love that you caught that aspen's sock was in her hand while she was swinging. i thought it was a great detail! too bad our lil' ones aren't closer so they could share some of these moments!

Lacey said...

Oh I love it! I can't wait to see the rest. Thank you!

BruceandBarbara said...

Awesome picture as usual Bethany! Mark sat down with me and helped me with Photoshop last night. Fun! I will probably forget it all but he and Kellie will be staying with us for a while and I'm going to have him give me lessons. I'm also going to sign up at the Benton Center for some photo classes...yay! I still haven't figured out what to do with RAW but I'll keep on working at it.
PS Who is your favorite to win American Idol?