Tuesday, May 4, 2010

. Birthdays .

Jude & Selah turned 2 & 4 last month. It was a fun celebration! I wanted to take our yearly photos of them and the time just kept getting away from me and the opportunity never presented itself. Normally, I would've gotten Jude's hair cut, picked out specific outfits, but we had an extra busy month of April, so these pictures didn't quite happen as I'd planned out in my mind, but that doesn't matter! I love them just the way they are. They totally capture my babies sweet spirits and beautiful faces!!

I couldn't be more thankful for our precious children! I love their laughter, the cute things they say, their hugs and kisses, their gentle hearts, their amazing minds, and the silly things they do! They bring sooooo much joy to our lives! We love you Jude bug and Selah girl! More than you could ever know.



I love that Jude happened to be wearing this shirt the day I snapped photos because he tells everyone that he's 9. It's his favorite number. :)





Photo info for those interested:
So, these pictures were taken on a sad lens. :( I'd rented the 24-70L lens (which is a fine lens normally) because I needed it for just a couple wide angle shots for something else I was shooting. But I think this rental lens has been dropped a few times, because it should've been sharper than it was! Anyway, I ended up using it this day since it was on my camera, and I didn't know at the time that these weren't going to be as sharp as I prefer. Yes, it's a zoom rather than a prime lens (a prime lens is a fixed focal length lens. I tend to only buy prime lenses), but I've shot on this lens many times before for various things and it is typically sharper than this. Anyway, these were shot at f/2.8, 1/800 second, manual mode, Canon 5D Mark II. Have a wonderful Tuesday! :)

1 comment:

Chelsi Ritter said...

i love these photos of your adorable children, bethany, and i love that jude has a favorite number!