Thursday, May 13, 2010

Forever Faithful

Last Sunday night I ended my weekend by getting to meet a new friend. Jamie, a photographer from Eugene, and I have been emailing back and forth since October when she first contacted me. It was so fun to meet up and chat for an hour and a half, getting to know one another better. We talked a lot about our businesses and personal lives, our kids and great husbands, and photo equipment... It was just so fun to make another connection and begin a new friendship! Thanks Jamie!

On the drive home, I ended up listening to an old Sara Groves album that I hadn't heard in a long time. When the first song came on the lyrics just stopped me. It felt like it summed up my past year and a half with Jude struggles, dr. appts. and inward fears... to now having the joy of my son being freed from those struggles being off of gluten! Her words just turned my heart to again give complete thanks to God for all He's done! He is able.

It's been a hard year
But I'm climbing out of the rubble
These lessons are hard
Healing changes are subtle
But every day it's

Less like tearing, more like building
Less like captive, more like willing
Less like breakdown, more like surrender
Less like haunting, more like remember

And I feel you here
And you're picking up the pieces
Forever faithful
It seemed out of my hands, a bad situation
But you are able
And in your hands the pain and hurt
Look less like scars and more like
Character...

(Sara Groves, Less Like Scars)


(this photo is from Sept. 2008... back when our little Jude bug first started having health issues... April 7th, 2010 was a wonderful day of answers!) Thank you everyone for your encouraging emails and blog comments! I've loved, loved reading your victory stories too!

No comments: