Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Gifted Friends

So, last Saturday my right hand went numb while shooting pictures! It kind of freaked me out. By Sunday I had most of the feeling back in my right hand, except for my right ring finger. On Monday my friend Mauria graciously watched Jude & Selah so I could go see my chiropractor, Christine Cook. She's amazing! I'm not a "chiropractor" kind of person, especially because the sound of someone just popping their knuckles grosses me out. But Christine is SO good at what she does. She helped me a year ago when I fell down the stairs carrying Selah and had really tweaked out my back and ribs. She made me feel like myself again through ultrasound massage and a couple adjustments. So I went to see her about my numb finger and she did some work on me, and I felt great!

On Tuesday I was feeling much more aligned, and got some feeling back in that finger, but it was STILL partially numb! Grrr... I was starting to get concerned. So I talked to my friend Val, who is a gifted massage therapist (LMT #10329) & has been doing massage for 6 years. She generously brought her table to our house and set it up in our living room. The kids were asleep, Josh put in a soothing CD he had given me a while ago, lit my favorite candles, and Val attacked those crazy muscles of mine with some trigger point massage and then a super relaxing massage. And the feeling returned to my right ring finger! Yea!! I can't even explain how luxurious it felt to have a personal massage in my own home! Amazing. Val is SO good. It was the best massage I have ever had. A real gift.


Val said that if you call or email her to book an in home massage and give her the discount code, "Bethany F Photography" she'll give you $10 off. So it's only $60. Trust me, it's worth it!
Here's her info to book an appt. (503) 318-1129 or email, vrpontius@yahoo.com

Val specializes in in-home massage for women. She is skilled in Swedish, Deep Tissue, Trigger Point, Myofascial Release, and Prenatal massage. (She does massage for wedding parties as well.)

Thank you Lord for healing my finger through these skilled hands of friends!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where is she located??? Cause a massage at home would be amazing! You lucky duck!

Chelsi Ritter said...

bethany as i was reading this i thought to myself, "bethany should get a massage!" so i'm so glad you did, and that your thumb is feeling better. massage is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hey B! Thanks for the birthday wishes! Feels great to be "connected" at home again, able to check the e-mail/blogs.. etc!

That IS scary about your finger, interesting too that the massage fixed it! Glad it did! Love you guys tons!